Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Guild -- +5 Awesome

UPDATE: I was originally going to post this alone, but when "Do You Wanna Date My Avatar" sprung up, I went for that instead. But I can't keep looking at this post anymore, so I'm going to pretend I published this way back when and not on (8/21/09 12:06 a.m.) Really it says... (8/1/09 7:51 p.m.) Timestamping, you both save and ruin me. Please enjoy. (See more recent post here.)



Old news is news, right? I just heard of this web series with Felicia Day (Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog) about a World of Warcraft-type game and the gamers who play it called The Guild. And the first two seasons are available online here. I heard about it on Felicia Day's Twitter page, oddly enough.

It's pretty neato, good for nerds and great for people with short attention spans. The episodes are about 5 minutes long. Web series are sometimes not great (I'd point to the NBC web-series that attempted to make the primetime transition, the name of which I cannot remember -- chick who wanted to be an actress?). But there's the insanely awesome, which is one label I'd affix to Joss Whedon's Dr. Horrible and the amazing performances by Neil Patrick Harris, Felicia Day and Nathan Fillion. And it's not just because of my fondness for frozen yogurt (Spot at 1:45!).

The web series is currently for sale on DVD at Amazon, but for now, enjoy the episodes for free online. That's whether you identify with the weak-stomached and nerdy Codex or the Wade, the studly stuntman. Odds are, you're more of a Codex crowd. I don't judge. I'm one of you. Just maybe not as much as my nerdy brother. It's okay. He doesn't read this. Anyway,This Oblivion elf appreciates the cute clothes over the exploding heads, too, Sid! (I'm not that hardcore.) Yay for The Guild!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...