Monday, August 3, 2009

Playlists -- A Fangy Salut

Well, just because I've got True Blood fever, I thought I'd get a head start on my playlist for tonight: Vampire Songs. Record Cozy's playing Connie the Corpse from K-DED for the night ;) First of all, because last.fm doesn't have a clip or full-length version of Say Hi's "Angels and Darlas" I have to include the link here. (That would be the Joss Whedon characters for those of you who are unfamiliar.)
And because I think it's important you know your band history (even recent history), below is the trailer for the movie Vampire Weekend. One I'm not sure was ever made. Sure, it's pretty low budget, but it had to have the best soundtrack EVER. In any case, it is the namesake for that hipster favorite, you guessed it, Vampire Weekend. They don't really sing about vampires, but they deserve some representation. Don't you think? (And yes, that is Ezra Koenig of Vampire Weekend and Wesley Miles of Ra Ra Riot. I know, I love it too.)

The Lineup:

1. "Georgette Plays a Goth" by Tullycraft (Official Vid -- Animated)

2. "Fresh Blood" by Eels (Official Vid)

3. "Blood" by Editors (Official Vid)

4. "Closer" by Kings of Leon (Live -- Everyone sing along!)

5. "We Suck Young Blood" by Radiohead (Unofficial Vid with Paper Cut-Outs)

Video. (Linked) "Angels and Darlas" by Say Hi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...