Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Playlists -- The Game of Clue?

Okay, maybe that's just a nice way for me to say all these songs are about murder. Why are there songs about murder today? Well, me tell you a story. This morning, I ate cereal for breakfast and that made me wonder if anyone liked cereal enough to write a song about it. The answer? No. No one except the Post company. But who did write a song about cereal? Method Man and Redman. The only thing was, they wrote about a "cereal killer" in a song called "Cereal Killer." (No I am not making this up.) So, of course, I laughed about that for a while. I am completely convinced that that song title made it all the way to the album just for my fun. Anyway, I also noticed that there were a lot of songs about murder and killing and weapons. So why not share them with you folks? My top choice for killer songs would have to be "Psycho Killer" by Talking Heads. It's been covered so many times and it's still awesome.

The Lineup:

1. "Knife" by The Briefs (Live -- Sorry, crappy audio.)

2. "Cold Blooded" by The Horrors (last.fm)

3. "To the Kill" by Violent Femmes (Live)

4. "Murder Me Rachael" by The National (Live at SPIN)

5. "Kill" by Sufjan Stevens (Unofficial Fan Vid)

Video. "Psycho Killer" by Talking Heads

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...