Sunday, August 2, 2009

Playlists -- Scary Storms!

Now, I'm writing this post after the fact because I wanted to explain my song choices for this day. On this particular Sunday, I was in my house waiting for True Blood to come on and there was an insane rainstorm outside. The power was flickering on and off, the driveway was practically flooded and the trees looked like they were about to be uprooted, the wind was blowing so hard. So there I was, thankful for my laptop's battery, and choosing some songs about the rain. End of story time.

Asobi Seksu's "Blind Little Rain," a little happier than my rainstorm, but the water's still "not safe to go in today." That's a little serious.

The Lineup:

1. "Sound of Thunder" by Duran Duran (Live)

2. "Swimming in the Flood" by Passion Pit (Sound Only)

3. "Mind Flood" by Sam Roberts (Live -- Yee-haw!)

4. "Just Stay In" by Annuals (last.fm)

5. "I Am a Lightning Rod" by Margot & The Nuclear So & So's (Very Casual Live Vid)

Video. "Blind Little Rain" by Asobi Seksu

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...