Thursday, July 9, 2009

"Can You Tell" -- Highlander's Stole

So, ready to go with the next project I'm working on: the Highlander's Stole from Twinkle's Town & Country Knits. This piece is for my brother's wedding, to match the bridesmaid's dress. It was important to me that the accessories I chose really showed more of my style than usual because I'll be dressed the same as five other girls. The Highlander's Stole fit the bill. I checked the book out of the library in April and photocopied the pattern and pictures for later use.

The Stats:
The Pattern - Highlander's Stole (also pictured on page 11 of "Look Inside" on Amazon)
Yarn - (substitution) 2-3 skeins Knit Picks Suri Dream Yarn in Jade


[Songs]* rep to end. - "Can You Tell"

This pattern is stylish and romantic, and will be perfect for an October wedding. The song I chose for this project is "Can You Tell" by Ra Ra Riot from The Rhumb Line. A romantic song for a romantic wrap.

Let's Get Cozy - Highlander's Stole (CO 7/7/09)
Suri Dream Yarn is an alpaca, wool and nylon blend. Although it is super bulky weight, it is quite a bit lacy for this pattern. The book-pictured version is thick and woolly, which is appropriate for cooler weather. For my purposes, a more spidery version seems more fitting. This yarn has been somewhat difficult to work with, but I'm getting used to it. I've found that using a lighter, straight cable needle works well. The cast on used is Cable Cast On, a technique I don't use very often. Knitting Help has a helpful video if you need a refresher. We'll see how this one goes. I'll post updates as I go, so that's that. Below is a close up of the cable pattern, above is 6 rows worked in pattern.

Cable Pattern:

Stay tuned for upcoming posts on the new Discovery album, LP and my response to this week's True Blood. Plus, my progress on the Highlander's Stole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...