Wednesday, September 2, 2009

"When the Sun" -- Cabled Seed Stitch Scarf

This is something I designed to match a hat ages ago, but decided to dust off the pattern to help my poor college kid wallet. So, THUS begins my Etsy adventure. For real this time.

The Stats:
The Pattern - My Own Design
Yarn - About 1.5 Skeins of Lion Brand Wool-Ease Thick & Quick in Lemongrass
Needles - Size 15 24" circs by Susan Bates (Knit flat, obviously.)
Source - Stitch Dictionary and Alison's Brain
Price - Free as Alison's Crazy Thoughts.


Songs*[rep] to end. - "When the Sun Grows on Your Tongue"
This scarf to me screams seventies, although I didn't actually plan it that way. It reminds me of this book of crazy knitted fashions too. So to accompany this little decade-inspired accessory, I chose my favorite psychedelic band. That would be Black Moth Super Rainbow (from Pittsburgh!). "When the Sun Grows on Your Tongue" comes from 2007's Dandelion Gum. I had originally considered "Iron Lemonade" since it's probably my favorite song from their new album, but the seventies flair just isn't as noticeable in that one. And if there's one thing this Lemongrass green marvel needs, it's more flair.

Cable Pattern:


Let's Get Cozy - Cabled Seed Stitch Scarf (CO 8/28/09, FO 8/31/09)

Ravelry Listing

Etsy Listing (Coming Soon)

This is just a simple pattern I whipped up when I wanted something to match a hat I had made. I really love winter accessory sets. If I make a scarf, I want a hat and gloves to go with it. If I have enough yarn, there's going to be a matching set. The purpose of this particular scarf was to sell it on Etsy. Since I'm on my own for spending money now, it became clear that I needed to get cracking on my designs to supplement my income. I also love super bulky yarn. I know that I can knit something fairly quickly and be pleased with the results.

You have no dreams, little yarn ball.

Everything has gone well with this design so far. My only complaint is that I got a skein of Wool-Ease Thick & Quick that wishes it was slub yarn. Now, I love slub yarn, but it's kind of cramping my style. Hear me now, Wool-Ease Thick & Quick: You are what you are. I have no patience of the dreams of skeins of yarn! Mwahahahaha! (Evil Overlord Voice. Yes, I am a yarn overlord.)

Look for the Etsy Listing soon. I'll have a space for the Etsy Merch on the sidebar when the time comes.

I heart yarn, but when it starts to think for itself, I start to get paranoid. Maybe it's a side effect of the psychedelic rock I chose for inspiration. Pretty Pattern + Yarn + Paranoia = Cabled Seed Stitch Scarf. I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...